All races start and finish at the Willard Creek Trailhead at the end of Forest Service Road 4014. Primitive camping is available. There are no amenities other than porta-potties, which will be delivered sometime the day before the race. Allow 45 minutes driving time from Helena to the race start. See Directions tab for driving directions.
Race start is at 8:00 am. Finish cut off time is 3:00 pm.
This run is primarily through unforgiving, remote, and spectacular Montana back country. Experience real Montana, leave civilization behind.
- The course is approximately 14.4 miles long. 100% non-motorized technical trail.
- 3,280 feet of elevation gain.
- Elevation ranges between 5,300 feet and 7,200 feet above sea level.
- Asphalt? No. Concrete? No. Forests, meadows, rocks, and cold, clear creeks to splash through? Yes, yes, yes, and yes.
- Chase Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Coyote, Mountain Goats, and Badgers…maybe get chased by them.
- Generous 7 hour cut off time is allowed. Take your time, enjoy the great Montana outdoors.
- Low key, laid back Montana atmosphere. Have fun, then enjoy some post-race snacks and share your race experience.
This challenging course provides a glimpse of what running a trail ultra is like. Conquer it and you are ready to graduate to the 50K.
Click on the images below for course map and course profile.
Questions? Comments? Email the Race Director: firstname.lastname@example.org